Remember to check our Social Media pages to stay current with all things AHN.
Activities offered, include a variety of experiences that might be new and old to our residents. There is card playing, corn hole toss, board games, what’s cooking, puzzles, music provided by local artists, crafts, and reading lounges. Our activities department provides all occasion cards for purchase, trips to the library, and purchasing of stamps.
- Activities hold Resident Council meeting monthly to go over activities and plan with the resident’s future events and takes suggestions.
- Our activities department coordinates the paperwork needed for registering for voting and annual flu shots.
- Exercise is very important to use at Evergreen. If you don’t use it you will lose it.
- We offer walking as a group, Wii bowling, balloon ping pong and corn hole toss.
- We have an exercise professional who comes in weekly to lead exercises to music from a seated position and also utilizes arm bands for resistance.
- Evergreen in on one level with no steps and inside the building there is a rectangle to walk indoors. 12 laps around is equal to a mile. Many residents walk 4 laps around after every meal and get their mile in for the day. Rain or shine there is no excuse.
- The Activities department schedules and organizes trips out utilizing a handicap accessible van to frequent local restaurants, ice-cream and coffee shops.
- They also schedule and plan shopping trips with volunteers to go along and help if needed so the resident can buy their personal needs, snacks or clothing.